Senior Software QA Tester
Who we are
At Inpixon, we turn location data into actionable indoor intelligence. Our comprehensive intelligence platform with mapping, positioning, security, and analytics harnesses the future of the Internet of Things (IoT) now.
We are motivated by and focused on our vision to ‘do good’ with indoor data and build something that can quite literally change the world we interact with. We take pride in the way we positively impact the daily lives of our customers and continue to push the boundaries of how our platform can benefit others. Inpixon’s Indoor Intelligence solutions can:
- Help people return to the office safely. Through a track and trace app, we can push out notifications to individuals, activate requests for deep sanitation, close off access to spaces, and push people into alternate work areas with greater distance between them.
- Help staff and patients navigate hospitals easily. Through indoor mapping and awareness, we can direct patients from their car directly to their appointments, from registration to labs, and to waiting rooms. For nurses, we can tag equipment and supplies allowing quick access to other team members, visualizing asset movement and sending notifications.
- Increase safety within schools. Through positioning and awareness, we can push out alerts in real time if an unregistered device enters the premises and fails to obtain clearance.
- Manage cybersecurity. Through integration with Mobile Device Management, we can detect unauthorized devices, control applications in secured zones, and uphold best practices, security policies and compliance in government, pharmaceutical, and financial agencies managing a sensitive work environment.
- Optimize resources allocation. Through any number of our product features, we manage, prioritize, and control the way spaces are used and accessed. Whether it’s staff allocation in retail space, managing temperature and electricity consumption in a workspace, we improve space utilization.
Inpixon Indoor Intelligence is continuously uncovering new ways to improve our lives.
Inpixon Indoor Intelligence ingests diverse data from IoT and third-party sensors designed to detect and position all active - cellular, wifi, Bluetooth and Ultra-wide Band - devices using a proprietary computing process ensuring anonymity. Our platform provides a complete solution to locate, track, guide and monitor everything indoors along with the plug-in architecture and open APIs that enable interoperability and seamless integration with other systems increasing the reach, flexibility and power of indoor solutions.
As Senior Software QA Tester, you'll be deeply engaged in our teams’ testing lifecycle, driving test automation efforts for our software products.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Define and establish test automation strategies and processes for the company
- Lead, implement and review the design and development of all aspects of automation testing along with the creation, execution, and maintenance of automated scripts
- Monitor all automation processes and prepare status reports for all progress
- Document all automation processes and design an efficient automation framework for all web products Implement reusable and robust test cases and evaluate results
- Give inputs regarding the improvements of tools and environment of our existing automation framework
- Improve the architecture of existing automation test scripts and framework
- Creation and execution of Test Cases and Test Scripts, Creation of Test automation scripts for Web/Mobile Apps
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using tools like Selenium, Cypress, Appium
- Participate in all phases of the test cycle, including Unit Testing, Integration/System Testing, Load Testing, Regression Testing, etc.
- Work in collaboration with development team to build and manage automated implement CI/CD pipelines
- Create and manage bug reports on Kanban board and communicate with the team
- Work with the quality assurance and automation engineers team to deliver automation test scripts and test execution results of outstanding quality and on time
- Troubleshoot automated test failures and resolve issues encountered during test execution
- Create and maintain automated test scripts that enable and support data driven testing
- Work to implement and improve documented standards, guidelines and best practices for automation
- Mobile Applications test case creation and execution
- Reporting to QA Project Lead on the testing status of QA assignments
- Effective Defect Reporting and Management
- Work with the Scrum or Kanban team to create solutions for stakeholders and clients
- Tests user interfaces, SQL databases, reports, APIs, and data transmissions
- Develop, modify, and execute moderately complex SQL queries
Who you are
Reporting to the QA Project Lead. Inpixon is looking for a systematic Sr. Quality Assurance Tester in the Philippines with an eye for detail. You are a lifelong learner with an ever-growing thirst for knowledge, understanding the ins and outs of the software development cycle. You want to be a part of a company that pushes for quality from the beginning of the development process and values the measure twice, cut once approach to quality checking. You want to play a vital role in developing quality features with the latest technology to solve real-world problems and promote smart and secure working environments.
What's in it for you
An incredible suite of products. This is a chance to be part of a scaling company that provides intelligent solutions to building operators with tools to help people return to work safely through indoor navigation, analytics dashboards, cybersecurity tools, asset-tracking to geofencing. We have a robust platform that has defined features and functionality, based on three pillars of indoor intelligence: maps, analytics, and positioning. You will be at the forefront of an exponentially growing segment, building something that will change the world - and the way we interact with it. You will immediately focus on contributing feedback and process documentation for our back-to-work SaaS product.
A genuine career opportunity. We are at a turning point in how indoor space is experienced, and we are growing rapidly. You will work on the last new technological frontier, testing products that connect data from external systems to their visual context in maps and enhancing how people navigate indoor spaces and safely and securely access those spaces.
A high growth company. You want to work at the cutting edge of IoT. We are disciplined about pouring our R&D dollars into it, and we recently raised $40 million. This is a chance to join a company that offers the best of both worlds: the stability of a well-funded, publicly-traded stable organization and strong work-life balance with the fast-paced, responsive,and Agile environment of a scale-up investing in research and the latest-in-everything.
A collaborative team and supportive leader. We want your ideas and your involvement. You will be heavily involved and influential as you work closely across teams to build something great. This is a brand new platform and a career defining opportunity to put your name on the list of people helping to shape it.
What you will focus on:
- Support the generation of a clear product vision. You will work directly with Developers on your team, providing Agile feature reviews to ensure creation is on track. You will create and execute manual test plans pre-production to ensure newly integrated features act and respond as they would in the real world.
- Apply a Behaviour Driven Development paradigm. You will work with various stakeholders globally to elicit feedback and gain an understanding of needs and challenges. You will assist in the creation of product specification documents based on the findings and insights from workshops.
- Enhancing product knowledge through collaboration. You will increase your understanding of Inpixon products and continuously grow your experience. You will actively participate in our web quality guild to share ideas and best practices with your peers. You will track project health over time via release post-mortems, regression reports, coverage numbers, etc. You will gather relevant data, perform an analysis based on specifications and create reports for the product and development teams.
- Setting exceptional standards. You are always looking for ways to improve processes and efficiency. You will introduce best practices and tools. You will maintain the integrity of the software by asking questions and ensuring your contributions to the product are thoroughly tested, clearly documented, and provide long term sustainability. No one likes breaking changes in releases! You will hold yourself and your team accountable for reliable quality code.
What do you bring?
- The analytical expertise. You may have a post-secondary degree, or you may have earned your hands-on skills in an alternate way. You have 5+ years of related work experience. You can translate requirements into specifications; introducing creative and scalable solutions through research and a knowledge of best practices.
- An Agile team approach. You thrive in an Agile environment. You are committed to your team, have fantastic communication skills, and the ability to pivot when needed.
- Technical and practical knowledge. You have:
- Automated QA experience with web applications, mobile applications and backend preferably developed using SQL Server, Windows Server, Visual Studio .NET, ASP.NET, HTML, C##
- At least 2 years of experience in database testing with the ability to read, write, and execute complex SQL queries
- Proficiency with web services, web sites, database, network connectivity and authentication, SQL Server, configuration, and debugging
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing software builds and code deployments in multiple environments is preferred
- Knowledge in Mobile App Testing for Android and iOS
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and function well under pressure
Why join us:
Together is better. We are one team. We recognize that people join a company, and want to be part of a team because of a shared vision, mission, and opportunity. Our mission to apply the best and latest in IoT, data analytics, and AI to everyday indoor spaces is what drives our work. The people we work with are what brings us together every day.
Together we make it happen. We got this. We are all rowing in sync, in the same direction, heading towards group success and individual championing. Everyone at Inpixon is engaged with what we do, who we do it with and why we do it.
Courage is contagious. We have the courage to innovate. We are willing to take risks, try new things, fail fast and learn from our mistakes. Accountability and responsiveness guide the way we work with each other and our customers.
Balance tensions. We prioritize competing concepts to scale and grow. We are a publicly traded company with a multinational outlook that nurtures a start-up mentality. We measure outcomes not time, guided by the principle of being present and meeting goals and that provides the balance of life outside work.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and Inpixon sounds like something you want to be part of, apply now. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
At Inpixon, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity & inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain people from a diverse candidate pool. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.