- Full Time
- Engineering, Mapping Product
Who we are
At Inpixon, we are the innovators of Indoor Intelligence, delivering actionable insights for people, places and things. Combining the power of mapping, positioning, and analytics, we help to create smarter, safer, and more secure environments. Our Indoor Intelligence and mobile app solutions harness the future of the Internet of Things (IoT) now to create exceptional experiences.
We are motivated by and focused on our vision to 'do good' with indoor data and build something that can quite literally change the world we interact with. We take pride in the way we positively impact the daily lives of our customers and continue to push the boundaries of how our platform can benefit others. Inpixon's Indoor Intelligence solutions can:
- Help transform workplace experiences. Through our Indoor Intelligence and mobile app solutions, we can help make workplaces safer and smarter as we return to work.
- Help people easily navigate complex indoor spaces. We provide developers with the tools to add geospatially accurate maps to mobile and web applications. Our CMS, SDKs and APIs enable users to build and manage scalable, map-enabled apps that create and bring indoor maps to apps to power multiple location-based use cases such as indoor navigation, asset tracking, proximity messaging, business intelligence and more.
- Create smart indoor spaces through location awareness. We provide industry-leading RTLS products that are used to provide accurate and actionable location data making indoor spaces more productive, cost-effective and safe.
- Manage cybersecurity. With precise indoor positioning and wide spectrum RF detection, we can detect devices, control applications in secured zones through integration with Mobile Device Management, and uphold best practices, security policies and compliance in government, pharmaceutical, and financial agencies managing a sensitive work environment.
- Optimize resources allocation. Through any number of our product features, we manage, prioritize, and control the way spaces are used and accessed. Whether it's staff allocation in retail space, managing temperature and electricity consumption in a workspace, we improve space utilization.
Inpixon Indoor Intelligence is continuously uncovering new ways to improve our lives.
Inpixon’s Indoor Intelligence and mobile app solutions offer clients the ability to leverage location awareness, RTLS, workplace and hybrid event solutions, analytics, sensor fusion and the IoT to create exceptional indoor experiences. We provide a comprehensive suite of Indoor Intelligence solutions with the plug-in architecture and open APIs that enable interoperability and seamless integration with other systems increasing the reach, flexibility and power of our solutions.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, Mapping Product, Inpixon is looking for a Backend Developer to build and expand API offerings around our mapping platform. You will work on projects with multiple moving pieces, digging into problems that no one else has tried to solve yet. You will use modern frameworks and of-the-moment approaches to add features or new services to our core platform.This is a chance for someone to join our remote team with the flexibility to work in our Toronto office once a week on occasion.
Who you are
You are passionate about working on interesting, unique projects and knowing what you’ve created makes a difference. A true innovator, you may be at a startup and you are seeking an opportunity to continue working in a fast-paced environment developing new products and features that solve real-world problems with the latest technology. You want to be part of the current movement focused on returning people to work in a smart, safe, and secure way.
What's in it for you
Exposure to cutting edge tools and solutions. Right now, we are working on a number of solutions that apply data analytics to guide the way people visualize and digitally interact with space. This is an exciting opportunity to explore the unknown and develop features that enhance the way people experience indoor space. You will have the unique opportunity to think, approach, and solve three-dimensional problems, stepping up to everyday navigation and spatial issues that pose challenging and rewarding theoretical - and tactile - questions.
A high growth company. We are disciplined about pouring our R&D dollars into it and we offer the best of both worlds: a funded, publicly-traded stable organization and a fast-paced, responsive, and Agile scale-up investing in research and the latest-in-everything.
Career development. You want to be mentored and be part of a company that supports the growth of its people. We will provide you with the opportunity to expand your skills and take your career in any direction you choose. You will have a voice - we want your ideas and your involvement. This is a place where you can make mistakes and learn from them. In addition, you will be part of a team that hosts regular "show and share" opportunities where everyone demonstrates what they are working on and talks about its impact on the evolution of the product or the business.
What you will focus on:
- Creating never-before-seen product features. You will develop product feature APIs for our multi-tenant SaaS environment, ensuring test and documentation coverage of your code. You will create stand-alone applications utilizing our APIs and demonstrating their capabilities.
- Enhancing product knowledge. You will increase your understanding of Inpixon products and continuously grow your knowledge as a subject matter expert in particular areas, i.e., importing and exporting map data to give jurisdiction on the IMDF front.
- Setting exceptional standards through collaboration. You will maintain integrity of the software by asking questions and making sure contributions to the API provide long term sustainability. No one likes breaking changes in releases! You will hold yourself accountable to the team for reliable quality code that will be accessed by applications and developers all over the world.
What do you bring?
- The technical expertise. You have a Computer Science or Engineering degree, or you may have earned your hands-on skills in an alternate way. You have experience creating applications and features using modern frameworks such as Java Web Services and Node.JS. You have experience with REST APIs, OAuth, GIT, or comparable repository software
- An Agile team approach. You have exposure to the full development life cycle and an understanding of working within an Agile Scrum or Kanban framework. You are committed to your team, have amazing communication skills and the ability to prioritize. You believe in writing good, readable, maintainable, well commented, and long-lasting code.
- A desire to grow and learn. You are mathematically inclined and can think in 3D. You are creative and driven to expand your reach, quickly pick up new tools, and contribute to the product. You understand the expectations of next-generation app developers and you are always ready to brainstorm a solution that provides easy-to-use functionality for every kind of situation.
Why join us:
Together is better. We are one team. We recognize that people join a company, and want to be part of a team because of a shared vision, mission, and opportunity. Our mission to apply the best and latest in IoT, data analytics, and AI to every day indoor spaces is what drives our work. The people we work with are what brings us together every day.
Together we make it happen. We got this. We are all rowing in sync, in the same direction, heading towards group success and individual championing. Everyone at Inpixon is engaged with what we do, who we do it with and why we do it.
Courage is contagious. We have the courage to innovate. We are willing to take risks, try new things, fail fast and learn from our mistakes. Accountability and responsiveness guide the way we work with each other and our customers.
Balance tensions. We prioritize competing concepts to scale and grow. We are a publicly traded company with a multinational outlook that nurtures a growth mindset. We measure outcomes not time, guided by the principle of being present and meeting goals and that provides the balance of life outside work.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and Inpixon sounds like something you want to be part of, apply now. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
At Inpixon, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity & inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain people from a diverse candidate pool. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.