HR Business Partner
Who we are
At Inpixon, we are the innovators of Indoor Intelligence, delivering actionable insights for people, places and things. Combining the power of mapping, positioning, and analytics, we help to create smarter, safer, and more secure environments. Our Indoor Intelligence and mobile app solutions harness the future of the Internet of Things (IoT) now to create exceptional experiences.
We are motivated by and focused on our vision to 'do good' with indoor data and build something that can quite literally change the world we interact with. We take pride in the way we positively impact the daily lives of our customers and continue to push the boundaries of how our platform can benefit others. Inpixon's Indoor Intelligence solutions can:
- Help transform workplace experiences. Through our Indoor Intelligence and mobile app solutions, we can help make workplaces safer and smarter as we return to work.
- Help people easily navigate complex indoor spaces. We provide developers with the tools to add geospatially accurate maps to mobile and web applications. Our CMS, SDKs and APIs enable users to build and manage scalable, map-enabled apps that create and bring indoor maps to apps to power multiple location-based use cases such as indoor navigation, asset tracking, proximity messaging, business intelligence and more.
- Create smart indoor spaces through location awareness. We provide industry-leading RTLS products that are used to provide accurate and actionable location data making indoor spaces more productive, cost-effective and safe.
- Manage cybersecurity. With precise indoor positioning and wide spectrum RF detection, we can detect devices, control applications in secured zones through integration with Mobile Device Management, and uphold best practices, security policies and compliance in government, pharmaceutical, and financial agencies managing a sensitive work environment.
- Optimize resources allocation. Through any number of our product features, we manage, prioritize, and control the way spaces are used and accessed. Whether it's staff allocation in retail space, managing temperature and electricity consumption in a workspace, we improve space utilization.
Inpixon Indoor Intelligence is continuously uncovering new ways to improve our lives.
Reporting to the VP, People Operations, we are looking for a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to join us in Toronto. With a focus on our global workforce, you will design, optimize, implement, and ensure our HR processes effectively attract, retain, and engage people across our offices.
You will use knowledge of various human resources functions to provide both strategic and tactical support to managers. You will contribute to workforce planning, talent assessments and management, and supporting the evolution of the performance review processes. You will partner with leaders and managers, acting as an expert advisor and liaison, ensuring the right-fit people solutions are created and implemented in alignment with the needs of individuals and the corporation.
Currently, this is a hybrid opportunity
What's in it for you
Influence. We are a publicly-traded company with significant quarter-over-quarter growth over the last few years, and we aren't slowing down any time soon. You may be coming from a small to mid-size organization and have had exposure to workforce planning. You want an opportunity at a scaling tech company with a global presence where you can accelerate your career. You will hit the ground running, executing on a People strategy and partnering to build out policies, procedures, compliance, employee experience, engagement, and development. You want to be an active contributor, have ownership of HR initiatives, and propose data-driven solutions that will impact the organization.
Growth. You will be mentored by and work in partnership with the VP People Operations. You will be involved at the ground level as a business partner across all teams, from designing the employee handbook and orientation to implementing compliance and governance. You will lead the alignment of new and existing employees and those brought on through future mergers and acquisitions. This is a chance to make a tangible impact by contributing to processes and policies, and programming for our operations globally. As we continue to scale, you will be a critical part of our story, gaining exposure to an acquisition-focused, publicly-traded company.
What you will focus on:
- Act as a partner to managers. You will support and coach employees and managers to ensure the application of human resources practices, compliance, legislation, programs, policies, and regulations globally. You will help managers navigate organizational, people, and change-related issues, advising on employee relations and working proactively to ensure a productive and respectful workplace. You will support the communication and administration of total rewards programs, including the administration of the benefits plan in Canada
- Retain and apply thorough and updated knowledge. You will stay abreast of current human resources practices, legislation and policies to respond to employee and management inquiries. You will facilitate training on new processes and programs for business stakeholders.
- Optimize organizational design. You will introduce best practices and make recommendations to increase productivity and improve the performance of the business. You will contribute to the design, implementation, and ongoing delivery of Human Resource programs and initiatives for the workforce. You will support programming efforts with onboarding, workforce planning, quarterly performance reviews, performance improvement plans (PIP), succession planning, critical resource planning, Individual Development Plans (IDP), offboarding and HR Metrics & Analytics.
- . You will reach out to business leaders to understand their specific resourcing needs, coaching them on people management and development. You will apply a data-driven approach to identify trends and recommend proactive solutions for employee performance, retention, and engagement.
What you bring:
- The experience. You have 3+ years of experience working across multiple aspects of People Operations / Human Resources. You have exposure within a scaleup and mid-size organization to draw from and a track record of providing HR advice and solutions to leaders and individuals on employee and organizational issues. You balance strategy with creativity, and you can work toward a future vision without having all the necessary details. You are guided by your integrity and accountability, prioritizing confidentiality and managing highly sensitive information.
- The applied HR knowledge. You demonstrate an understanding of People Operations practices. You have a deep understanding of the employee lifecycle, organizational culture, performance reviews, succession / critical resource planning, development plans and disciplinary action. And, you have put it all into practice in real-world situations.
- The project management. You have led or supported the design, development, and implementation of critical HR initiatives and processes. You can manage multiple projects and resources and competing demands and timelines.
- The collaboration skills. You are a relationship builder who is self-aware, with flexible and effective verbal, written, and presentation abilities. You can gain trust, influence decisions, and nurture an inclusive culture. You have the people and conflict management skills to overcome challenging issues through to closure and help managers build high-performing teams. You can work independently or as a critical team member, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment. You have a deep appreciation for and hold above all else, the need for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- The analytical mindset. You have strong evidence-based decision-making abilities, with the ability to research and analyze data, leverage available resources, and present solutions. You have excellent judgment and can make thoughtful decisions as a creative problem solver.
Why join us:
Together is better. We are one team. We recognize that people join a company, and want to be part of a team because of a shared vision, mission, and opportunity. Our mission to apply the best and latest in IoT, data analytics, and AI to every day indoor spaces is what drives our work. The people we work with are what brings us together every day.
Together we make it happen. We got this. We are all rowing in sync, in the same direction, heading towards group success and individual championing. Everyone at Inpixon is engaged with what we do, who we do it with and why we do it.
Courage is contagious. We have the courage to innovate. We are willing to take risks, try new things, fail fast and learn from our mistakes. Accountability and responsiveness guide the way we work with each other and our customers.
Balance tensions. We prioritize competing concepts to scale and grow. We are a publicly traded company with a multinational outlook that nurtures a growth mindset. We measure outcomes not time, guided by the principle of being present and meeting goals and that provides the balance of life outside work.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and Inpixon sounds like something you want to be part of, apply now. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
At Inpixon, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity & inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain people from a diverse candidate pool. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.