Counsel, Corporate Securities and M&A
- Full Time
Who we are
At Inpixon, we are the innovators of Indoor Intelligence, delivering actionable insights for people, places and things. Combining the power of mapping, positioning, and analytics, we help to create smarter, safer, and more secure environments. Our Indoor Intelligence and mobile app solutions harness the future of the Internet of Things (IoT) now to create exceptional experiences.
We are motivated by and focused on our vision to 'do good' with indoor data and build something that can quite literally change the world we interact with. We take pride in the way we positively impact the daily lives of our customers and continue to push the boundaries of how our platform can benefit others. Inpixon's Indoor Intelligence solutions can:
- Help transform workplace experiences. Through our Indoor Intelligence and mobile app solutions, we can help make workplaces safer and smarter as we return to work.
- Help people easily navigate complex indoor spaces. We provide developers with the tools to add geospatially accurate maps to mobile and web applications. Our CMS, SDKs and APIs enable users to build and manage scalable, map-enabled apps that create and bring indoor maps to apps to power multiple location-based use cases such as indoor navigation, asset tracking, proximity messaging, business intelligence and more.
- Create smart indoor spaces through location awareness. We provide industry-leading RTLS products that are used to provide accurate and actionable location data making indoor spaces more productive, cost-effective and safe.
- Manage cybersecurity. With precise indoor positioning and wide spectrum RF detection, we can detect devices, control applications in secured zones through integration with Mobile Device Management, and uphold best practices, security policies and compliance in government, pharmaceutical, and financial agencies managing a sensitive work environment.
- Optimize resources allocation. Through any number of our product features, we manage, prioritize, and control the way spaces are used and accessed. Whether it's staff allocation in retail space, managing temperature and electricity consumption in a workspace, we improve space utilization.
Inpixon Indoor Intelligence is continuously uncovering new ways to improve our lives.
Reporting to the Associate General Counsel and working closely with the General Counsel, we are looking for a Counsel, Corporate Securities and M&A. You will be a collaborative and business-focused part of a small, nimble legal team at a fast-growing technology company. You will advise the executive team in all aspects of public company legal representation related to SEC and Nasdaq exchange listing requirements. You will take a leading role in the drafting and negotiation of M&A transaction agreements. Collaborating with outside counsel, as needed, you will manage our SEC and exchange-listed compliance requirements, as well as the drafting and negotiation of acquisition or disposition transactions. You will provide advice on continuous public disclosure requirements and collaborate with our marketing and investor relations teams to review press releases and other public disclosures. You will advise and assist with other general corporate matters associated with a global organization.
This is a 100% remote role.
What's in it for you
Make an impact at an emerging-growth company. This role will require you to roll up your sleeves and be on the front lines of mission critical strategic initiatives within the organization. You’ll have ample opportunity to learn and grow. You will expand your knowledge and skill set as you work on various corporate issues; often working in partnership with the leadership team.
Enjoy autonomy and a cohesive legal team. We’ve adapted our organization to thrive in the modern workplace. You’ll enjoy the benefits of working 100% remote while still having a collaborative legal team around you. To stay connected we touch base daily on a legal huddle video conference call. At the same time, your daily commute is a thing of the past. It’s the best of both worlds.
What you will focus on:
- SEC filings and reports. You will provide lead legal support for the preparation of 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements and other SEC filing. You will advise on disclosure matters, and SEC and Nasdaq exchange listing requirements. You will coordinate the planning and execution of the annual stockholders meeting and stay current on governance trends and SEC and stock exchange rules and regulations. You will work closely will outside counsel in connection with the drafting of transaction documents and registration statements and prospectus supplements associated with follow-on public offerings and exchanges.
- Cross-border M&A transactions. You will lead and manage all legal aspects concerning the execution of our M&A strategy in collaboration with outside counsel, including drafting and negotiation of letter of intents and primary and ancillary definitive transaction documents associated with cross-border transactions. You will coordinate and manage all aspects of due diligence review.
- Senior-level advice and counsel. You will work with executive stakeholders and business partners to provide legal guidance on securities, compliance, and risk matters. You will:
- Identify and evaluate business and legal risks, and find creative ways to mitigate them while achieving business goals.
- Draft and administer corporate policies.
- Lead and manage new entity establishment and corporate governance compliance requirements in the US and abroad.
- Review of press releases, earnings releases, earnings call scripts and other shareholder communications and disclosure matters.
- Coordinate with investor relations advisors as needed.
- Ensure adherence to corporate governance requirements.
What you bring
- The background. You have a Law degree (LLB, JD, or equivalent) from an accredited law school, and are admitted to practice in one or more states in the United States and a member of one or more state Bar(s) in good standing. You may have a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance.
- The experience. You have 4+ years of general experience at a law firm advising management and boards of publicly listed and private companies in M&A, public and private securities offerings and SEC compliance matters. You are familiar with:
- ’33 and ’34 Act filings, and related disclosure requirements in connection with annual and quarterly reports.
- Section 16 filings, proxy filings, and shareholder meeting matters.
- Registration statements, including S-1, S-3 and S-4 registration statements for NASDAQ exchange listed companies including initial and continued listing requirements.
- The process, procedures, and state and federal regulatory requirements associated with public and private securities offerings.
- The drive. You enjoy the pace of a publicly-owned, global tech company; one that retains the best aspects of its startup roots. You can seamlessly adapt to changes in priorities, the business, or the industry. You take ownership of your work and its impact on our success with a keen awareness of current and future state. You have a proven track record applying a practical business and solution-oriented approach to resolving issues and risks of a financial and business nature. You are willing and able to resolve routine and complex compliance problems and issues; researching industry trends to explore potential benefits.
- The interpersonal skills. You have a collaborative spirit and can build productive relationships across the organization. You have outstanding professional written, verbal, and presentation skills - and you are comfortable jumping into stakeholder meetings as required. You ask intelligent questions to obtain information, identify root causes, and determine solutions.
Why join us:
Together is better. We are one team. We recognize that people join a company, and want to be part of a team because of a shared vision, mission, and opportunity. Our mission to apply the best and latest in IoT, data analytics, and AI to every day indoor spaces is what drives our work. The people we work with are what brings us together every day.
Together we make it happen. We got this. We are all rowing in sync, in the same direction, heading towards group success and individual championing. Everyone at Inpixon is engaged with what we do, who we do it with and why we do it.
Courage is contagious. We have the courage to innovate. We are willing to take risks, try new things, fail fast and learn from our mistakes. Accountability and responsiveness guide the way we work with each other and our customers.
Balance tensions. We prioritize competing concepts to scale and grow. We are a publicly traded company with a multinational outlook that nurtures a growth mindset. We measure outcomes not time, guided by the principle of being present and meeting goals and that provides the balance of life outside work.
At Inpixon, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity & inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain people from a diverse candidate pool. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process